So I've only worked a whopping two days this week. I worked around 60 hours last week and we had Veteran's Day off, so I've had a few WONDERFUL days at home. The dogs sure seem to appreciate it at least.
While I've gotten minimal housekeeping done (I'll be doing plenty this weekend) I have managed to get around to some baking, which has been woefully sidelined since I have moved here. First up was making my very own pumpkin puree which is surprisingly easy. I could have used the canned stuff, which is honestly just as good, but there is immense satisfaction in making your own. From that, I froze a couple of cups to make a pie for Thanksgiving, and with the rest I made some wonderful pumpkin butter. I got the above two ideas from a co-worker, and Jon and I are very happy campers now.
Well the butter is useless without bread. I've been in to bread making lately and made some simple white bread. This stuff is heaven and I highly recommend it to anybody. Bread making is so easy with the mixer and I look forward to experimenting more when I have another week like this in the future.
I hope to bake some more this weekend, including making what shall be the beginning of CHRISTMAS BAKING!
1 comment:
I LOVE the smell of baking bread. I'll make you a deal, I'll come to your house for bread, and bring a movie you and jon haven't seen yet, and oh yeah, I'll also watch the puppies for you :)Sounds good..awesome, I'll be in the car in 6 minutes...(when my shift tonight ends)
Post a Comment