Sigh... one of the things I miss most about Georgia is reading. I was fairly steady here in Colorado until I started my new job. I now work a completely different schedule from Brenau. That combined with a bit more upkeep at home and 2 four legged friends to watch has severely limited my reading time. I can read during lunch breaks and sometimes I sneak in a chapter at home, but lately I've been finding myself drawn to the television, mainly because Jon is there and I want to spend time with him. I'll blog later about my "large family obsession" via The Learning Channel.
Anyways, I'm doing my best at the moment. I started Ann Radcliffe's Mysteries of Udolpho but the size frightened me, so I put it down. I recommended the His Dark Materials series to a friend here in Colorado and witnessing her reading it for the first time (she loved it by the way) made me want to read it again as well. So, I'm reading the series again and loving it. Also on my list are other YA favorites like Ender's Game and Small Steps (I liked Holes, but heard that this one isn't as good.) I have skipped Tale of Two Cities as my Dickens read for the year and will substitute it with A Christmas Carol during December. I also still need to read 2 other classics to complete the Classics Challenge, since I will not be able to finish R.I.P this year (very sad.)
Overall, I'm trying, but I'm much worse at balancing life and reading than most people. I'm very jealous of those of you who can and would like to know your secrets, because I'm obviously doing a very poor job with my time!
Anyways, I'm doing my best at the moment. I started Ann Radcliffe's Mysteries of Udolpho but the size frightened me, so I put it down. I recommended the His Dark Materials series to a friend here in Colorado and witnessing her reading it for the first time (she loved it by the way) made me want to read it again as well. So, I'm reading the series again and loving it. Also on my list are other YA favorites like Ender's Game and Small Steps (I liked Holes, but heard that this one isn't as good.) I have skipped Tale of Two Cities as my Dickens read for the year and will substitute it with A Christmas Carol during December. I also still need to read 2 other classics to complete the Classics Challenge, since I will not be able to finish R.I.P this year (very sad.)
Overall, I'm trying, but I'm much worse at balancing life and reading than most people. I'm very jealous of those of you who can and would like to know your secrets, because I'm obviously doing a very poor job with my time!
No comments:
Post a Comment