Saturday, October 25, 2008

Making the Switch

Since people were very generous to us during our wedding, we were not only able to put enough money in the bank to be able to pay off our New Zealand trip (currently scheduled for November 2009) but we were also able to get one of these bad boys. We were planning to finance one as our Christmas present to each other, but we had enough cash to pay it off at once.

We're very excited. We both used Macs a ton in graduate school and I have been lusting after one for three years now. In fact, I was going to get one when I graduated, but my need to save was far too overwhelming at that point (it still is, but we splurged.) We got many congratulations in the store and I now feel like I've joined a new exclusive club or something.

Jon and I hope to become proficient at this machine, so wish us luck!

2 comments:

Camille said...

Welcome to the Apple cult. I have been using Macs since 2003 when I bought my first iBook. I bought a new Powerbook in 2005 and it carried me through law school and is still going strong. Within the next year I hope I can buy myself a new MacBook. I swear by Apples! And I know what you mean, the "special club" feeling when you buy something at the Apple Store. It rocks. I recommend getting the AppleCare protection plan - it is well worth it, and if you end up needing any kind of repairs/service you will be really really happy.

Andrew said...

We very much like the MacBook we bought back in the spring. I'm sure you'll enjoy it. Did you get one of the new aluminum ones?