
I'm very excited to enter my second R. I. P. Challenge hosted by Carl. The challenge includes anything mystery, suspense, thriller, dark fantasy, horror, Gothic, and supernatural... basically my favorite books. I'm super excited!
I haven't quite decided which peril I'm going to do. Normally, I'd complete Peril the First (4 books) but I know with having just moved, started a new job, and getting two puppies, I'm not reading very much and what I am reading isn't being read too fast. Plus, I'm getting married in October, and I don't anticipate reading much during that month (which is sad, because I love October reading.) Regardless, I'll do my best because I finally live in a state that reaches fall before late November! Anyways, I'm going to try for Peril the Second, but will likely finish Peril the Third.
Below is my list of potential reads:
I haven't quite decided which peril I'm going to do. Normally, I'd complete Peril the First (4 books) but I know with having just moved, started a new job, and getting two puppies, I'm not reading very much and what I am reading isn't being read too fast. Plus, I'm getting married in October, and I don't anticipate reading much during that month (which is sad, because I love October reading.) Regardless, I'll do my best because I finally live in a state that reaches fall before late November! Anyways, I'm going to try for Peril the Second, but will likely finish Peril the Third.
Below is my list of potential reads:
-Frankenstein by Mary Shelley (I've never read it)
-House of Leaves by Mark Danielewski
-The Call of Cthulhu and Other Weird Stories by H. P. Lovecraft
-The Monk by Matthew Lewis
-The Mysteries of Udolpho by Ann Radcliffe (also to be completed for the Classics Challenge)
It's a short list and most of these are classics, but I bet that they will keep me occupied for quite a while. Thanks Carl for hosting this awesome challenge!
8 comments:
Wow, your pool has some pretty heavy (but good) books in it for all that you have going on. I'm thrilled you are joining in, you're certainly busy. Early congrats on your wedding! Thanks so much for making R.I.P. a part of all that is going on, I'm thrilled.
I can't wait to make my R.I.P. list. I mailed your letter yesterday!
my fav for short story horror are still the Fall of the House of Usher and the Tell Tale Heart :)
Those look FUN. Keep us posted. I keep reading to read some Radcliffe. I recommend reading Lovecraft in the daytime, because he is hella scary.
oh i forgot about Lovecraft! I read some of his short stories and loved them...maybe i'll have to throw another book in my pool.
Frankenstein is sooo good. I took a class at UGA that was purely on "horror literature" and it was one of my favorite classes, ever.
Hope things are still going well in Colorado. Your pups are precious!
Great pool!
You reminded me that I have House of Leaves sitting waiting to be read. I don't know how I had forgotten about that monster! Might have to see if I get the time to fit that one in somehow...
Two puppies - yay! But I can see how with all that and getting married you have a lot on your plate! Congrats by the way. :)
Carl-- I wouldn't miss out on your challenge for anything!
Amanda-- Loved your list!
Sus-- I read a bunch of Poe for this challenge last year and loved rereading those stories as well. He's so awesome!
Sam-- I have heard the same thing about Lovecraft and I will definitely be reading him only in the daytime.
Melanie-- Throwing another book in the pile can't hurt one bit! Good luck with the challenge!
Camille-- I am so jealous of that class! I'm reading Frankenstein right now and am loving it.
Quixotic-- Thanks for the congrats. I won't likely get around to House of Leaves, but it defitely serves as a reminder to read this (so I've heard) very strange and scary tome. I hope you get around to it as well!
Post a Comment