Saturday, August 16, 2008

Whirlwind

It's amazing how much my life has changed in one month. On July 16th, I was getting ready to go to bed on the eve of my departure from Brenau. Since then, I've driven across the country, started living with a boy, interviewed for a job, accepted a job offer, began said job (and worked 11 days straight,) lost a grandfather to cancer, got two puppies, and have had absolutely no time to read (I've been on Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone since last Monday.)

I've dealt with things as best as possible. My stomach has paid the price of my ruined nerves and I expect to deal with the grief of losing a loved one next weekend when we drive to Illinois for the memorial service. Luckily, some of the change is good and is there to balance all of the sad and stressful events. I wouldn't change living with Jon or the pups for anything!

It has been cold (mid 50s) over the past couple of days due to some needed rain. Today it finally cleared up and I was able to take the dogs out back without my umbrella. The air was crisp and the Colorado sky was so pretty. I think it was my first "zen" moment since I've been here. I felt at peace and happy watching the pups run around, even though the potty training hasn't been going too well today (exceptionally, and I hope that they don't keep this up.) I'm really looking forward to fall here and all I can think about right now is making chili, reading some Gothic novels, and wearing coats and prettier clothes.

I'll take these zen moments when I can get them because before I know it, I'll be back to working on my ever expanding "to do" lists!

New (and very adorable) puppy pictures to come.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes, puppy pics please!

Ashley said...

I'm sorry to hear things have been so stressful...and even the happy things can be very stressful (I should know!) but at least you have the puppies to snuggle up with :) If they have been really bad during the rain, don't worry...mine seem to do that even still...if it has been raining for awhile, even after it stops, they still seem to be baad before they remember that you can go outside again without getting wet.

Amanda Roper said...

I'm so sorry about your grandfather!

I wish I was hanging out in 50 degree weather. This muggy Georgianess SUCKS.

I am drafting your newer, juicer, more up to date letter full of all the juiciness. I swear to God I will mail it by this weekend.