Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Getting Settled

Well, I made it to Colorado. My last day of work was on Thursday and leaving Brenau was the only time I teared up throughout the entire move. I will definitely miss the sarcastic outlet and the laughs. Friday my parents, my brother, and I loaded up the moving truck in record time and my parents and I left Snellville at 10am. We spent the night in Mount Vernon, IL. The next day was spent maneuvering Missouri, and a large chunk of Kansas, including a stop to see the world's largest prairie dog in Oakley, Kansas. Awesome.

We arrived Sunday and we've been going full speed since then. I don't think it has quite hit me that I'm really going to be living here now, instead of vacationing, mainly because my parents are here for the week doing just that. I really did enjoy my two years back in Georgia, but it's time to move on. I have to figure out how to live with a boy, meet new people, and drive in the snow (again.)

I miss everybody in Georgia, but being with the one you love is definitely worth it.

Oh and R.I.P. Estelle Getty. Thank you for being a friend!

2 comments:

Camille said...

Glad to hear you made it to Colorado safely. I know the sadness of being so far away from home but also the excitement of being in a new city with your man. And, living with a boy is (sometimes? often?) rocky, but it's well worth it!! I've learned tons about myself in the process and also that boys are certifiably weird.

Andrew said...

Congrats on the move! Say hi to Paul Betty for me if you see him.