Saturday, July 26, 2008

Decisions, Decisions

Well, it's been quite a week for me. I'm not even remotely settled, mainly because I've been spending time with my parents. Time just seems to slip away from me as it usually does and tomorrow will mark one week in Colorado.

Yesterday was huge. I received a job offer from a nearby public library system. I accepted it because this is my chance to do outreach to the community, even if it is not the county I live in, while I still have the flexibility in schedule to do so. I also liked the people who interviewed me. They were in a tight situation, yet still managed to crack jokes. The people I worked with were the key to my happiness at Brenau, so hopefully things will go well over the next few weeks, because I'm not a fan of starting new jobs (I hate the learning curve.)

I also visited puppies for the first time yesterday. Jon and I were unbelievably excited to pick the little boy, Tony, who I've been eying for weeks. He's spunky and sweet and was definitely the biggest show off in the crowd. We even got the first family photo. He will be named Quincey, a name for one of my favorite characters in literature, as well as the name of the town (spelled differently) where Jon and I will be married.


Quincey



It was a great experience, but we definitely fell in love with a little girl puppy as well. Her name is Meadow and she has the sweetest eyes and is super chill. I'm pretty sure had Jon not known that I wanted Tony so badly, he would have snatched her up. She definitely struck a chord with me as well, so today after a plea for advice from Ashley (Jon's best friend who got us interested in dachshunds) Jon called our breeder and it looks like we'll be taking her home as well come two weeks from now when they're ready to go.


Breeder's picture of Meadow, since we didn't snap many photos of her on our visit


I cried when I found out we were going to be taking her home because it felt like we made the right decision, despite knowing how overwhelming this situation is going to be. Jon and I were going to get two dogs eventually anyways, and I feel a lot better knowing that they have that brother/sister bond, so they should get along while Jon and I work, etc.

So, we'll be welcoming two, instead of one, lovely dachshunds into our lives come two weeks from now!

3 comments:

Andrew said...

Wonderful news on both fronts. Glad to hear your new life in CO is coming together.

Ashley said...

I'm so happy for you guys! It will be overwhelming and you will be tired, but it's all worth it in the end when you get to snuggle with those little balls of fluff! I know what you mean about feeling like the family is complete. I felt like that after we got Binky (even though I most likely should have stopped at Leyna.) Anyway, you guys gotta make sure you get a family picture with Meadow now, too!

Amanda Roper said...

TWINS!