I'm back from 9 days in Colorado and attempting to adjust to the daily grind again. Yesterday I went to work at my normal time and ended up closing, because I didn't want Robin to close by herself (trust me, that place is creepy at night) and I had a ton of work to do. In 13 hours, I was able to open and process (well, process for an acquisitions librarian) around 150 books, and about 60 print journals. My office and desk area are considerably neater now and today I'm going to try to settle my email and some miscellaneous orders. I've done the 13 hour thing three times now and this was by far the easiest one for me because I had so much work. Today I got to sleep in and only have to work 7 hours, which will be nice.
I was able to finish two fairly thick books in Colorado. I should be able to finish my Jane Austen and Sally Lockhart kicks this month and move on to some more varied reading come next month. I'm sad to leave them both, but I'm really looking forward to the rest of my reading pile. Jon took me snowshoeing for the first time last Saturday. We found snow boots on super sale so it was kind of destined to be. Actually I looked like a poster child for these guys because Jon found me a great jacket and shell of the same brand on a previous day (an early birthday present) and I was also wearing an advertisement beanie as well. Anyways, I had a lot of fun snowshoeing. The altitude in Rocky Mountain National Park always kicks my ass. I can't seem to do any incline at all and get tired really easily. We went on Loch Vale trail and didn't quite make it to the lake itself, but we ended up at a great point after hiking over a frozen creek (complete with an uphill climb that was much better sliding on our butts downhill) to take pictures for our save the date cards, etc. I can't wait to see the place in summer. I really enjoyed snowshoeing and it felt natural once I realized that I needed to accommodate for my much larger feet. The trail was compacted, which made things much easier, and I would totally do it again in a heartbeat.
Jon and I have sort of revamped our New Zealand plans for next year. Instead of catching the tail end of summer in the beginning of '09, we're likely going to go at the beginning of summer later that year in November or December. This decision gives us more time to save money and allows us to hopefully get ourselves a doggy right after the wedding. We've both fallen in love with a dam/sire combination in Colorado, thanks to our super dachshund connection Ashley and are hoping to get one of their puppies.
Anyways, that's about it for now.
I was able to finish two fairly thick books in Colorado. I should be able to finish my Jane Austen and Sally Lockhart kicks this month and move on to some more varied reading come next month. I'm sad to leave them both, but I'm really looking forward to the rest of my reading pile. Jon took me snowshoeing for the first time last Saturday. We found snow boots on super sale so it was kind of destined to be. Actually I looked like a poster child for these guys because Jon found me a great jacket and shell of the same brand on a previous day (an early birthday present) and I was also wearing an advertisement beanie as well. Anyways, I had a lot of fun snowshoeing. The altitude in Rocky Mountain National Park always kicks my ass. I can't seem to do any incline at all and get tired really easily. We went on Loch Vale trail and didn't quite make it to the lake itself, but we ended up at a great point after hiking over a frozen creek (complete with an uphill climb that was much better sliding on our butts downhill) to take pictures for our save the date cards, etc. I can't wait to see the place in summer. I really enjoyed snowshoeing and it felt natural once I realized that I needed to accommodate for my much larger feet. The trail was compacted, which made things much easier, and I would totally do it again in a heartbeat.
Jon and I have sort of revamped our New Zealand plans for next year. Instead of catching the tail end of summer in the beginning of '09, we're likely going to go at the beginning of summer later that year in November or December. This decision gives us more time to save money and allows us to hopefully get ourselves a doggy right after the wedding. We've both fallen in love with a dam/sire combination in Colorado, thanks to our super dachshund connection Ashley and are hoping to get one of their puppies.
Anyways, that's about it for now.
No comments:
Post a Comment