Sunday, September 23, 2007

Dear Edgar Allan Poe,


I'm terribly sorry that, up until this year, I didn't care much for you. Granted, I've always liked "The Masque of the Red Death," but beyond that, you bored me and I thought of you as way overrated. I apologize, but in high school, (the last time I read one of your stories) I thought about nothing more than boys, color guard, and one day being a famous news anchor (ha).

Better late than never though... I'm in the middle of a collection of your fantastic short stories. Not one has left me bored and each are the perfect amount of "scary." You have a way with words my dear. I am now a genuine fan and I might even skim some of your poems when I'm finished with the short stories, and that's saying something.

Sincerely,

An adoring fan

3 comments:

Amanda Roper said...

LOL... I'm so glad that you and Poe have made nice!

Unknown said...

You're just not getting into Edgar Allen Poe? I've loved him since high school. Mainly because my dad is a HUGE fan and can recite all of his stories and poems (which drives my mother crazy). But like Amanda said, I'm glad the two of you have made nice. Maybe now you and my dad can discuss him over tea! :-)

Cidersweet said...

You're making me do a re-think (?) of his work!