Friday, February 16, 2007

Easy on the Eyes





Colorado was beautiful (hence "easy on the eyes" title). I've been there twice before, but only in the summer. The sunny winter days are equally nice as the summer days though, and any place that can motivate me to want to snowshoe in the future is definitely right up my alley. I'm excited about exploring this place more over the next few months. More pictures to come.

Speaking of easy on the eyes...

So, I've finally started Jane Eyre. I LOVE it so far (only 5 chapters in). I have no initial weariness towards the content or characters, like I did with Pride and Prejudice (please note that P & P is NOW one of my favorite books... it just took a while for me to appreciate it). Perhaps it is the Victorian time period. Perhaps, I'm just older and able to understand what's going on better. There's something kick ass about a ten year old girl telling off her cruel aunt and sticking up for herself. A lot of full grown women can't do that TODAY. I'm looking forward to my first weekend home since January. Even while my grandparents are visiting, I can sit back, relax, and read (and eat ribs to celebrate my brother's 29th birthday). It's a beautiful thing.

2 comments:

Amanda Roper said...

I'm so glad you are loving Jane Eyre!

Samantha said...

LOVE Jane Eyre. Just recently finished Eragon...'s okay. Have you read The Handmaid's Tale? More Atwood. Scary-good.

Ok, had to comment on bookness. :)