-Dar Williams
I have some updates. Granted, they're nothing major, but it's something to occupy my time.
First of all February.... I have actually enjoyed the first 8 days. February 3rd and 8th (today) are usually the most difficult, as they are the birth and death days respectively of my Grandmother. She died very young (60) of a brain aneurysm (my youngest grandparent in fact) in 1993, and it still pains me that she is gone, especially considering that she lived a rough life. I'm sure she's chilling up in Heaven though, so I'm cool just being able to remember her.
This past weekend was the annual girls time in Chicago. My mom enjoyed her first time (not to Chicago, but on this particular trip). I spent $40 on chocolate for us, but overall, stayed well within my budget. The only downside to this trip was the COLD WEATHER. I completely forgot what it was like to be really cold. Taxis were taken all weekend, as even my weather savvy aunts could not handle it.
Work is starting to die down from the busyness that it was over the past week. Last Monday, one of the Academy (the boarding high school for girls) teachers called asking for some bibliographic instruction sessions (teaching library stuff) for four of her English classes. I spent two days preparing lesson plans for two U.S. Lit. classes, and two general literature classes. I did half of the classes last Wednesday. Thursday, there was ice on the roads. They canceled school (typical Georgia), but we had to come in for a few hours. I finally completed the other half of classes today. The scavenger hunts (for books) went over well... well, mainly because I gave them candy. I have a definite respect for Instruction Librarians though... with all of the potential technology failures and classroom reception... it's so stressful. I like my collection development bubble, but am glad to be getting the experience, and working with high schoolers again now that I don't teach color guard anymore (thank God).
This weekend, I'm boarding yet another plane... this time to Colorado. I'm excited to see Jon and Ft. Collins, which I haven't visited since I was 8. Far too many future plans are taking place between us... it's kind of scary, but in a good way.
Susan, my buddy from graduate school, is coming to town in April for the ARLIS/NA conference. I get to spend a day with her, so I am excited (plus a possible camping trip to Utah in August woo hoo).
Did you guys hear about Anna Nicole Smith? Very odd...
Oh and book updates (how could I forget). I am currently reading The Book Thief, which is VERY good. It's narrated by death and set during World War II, which is a perfectly dreary February book. Next up is The Illustrated Jane Eyre. I am a Jane Eyre virgin (I know, how did that happen), so I am very excited about beginning my classics promise to myself with this book. After Jane Eyre, I will FINALLY get to Eragon and Eldest (I even bought this limited edition)... I have to read some form of fantasy at least once a month.
Alright, that's all you're getting out of me for a while. Happy and hopefully healthy and safe Februarys.
I have some updates. Granted, they're nothing major, but it's something to occupy my time.
First of all February.... I have actually enjoyed the first 8 days. February 3rd and 8th (today) are usually the most difficult, as they are the birth and death days respectively of my Grandmother. She died very young (60) of a brain aneurysm (my youngest grandparent in fact) in 1993, and it still pains me that she is gone, especially considering that she lived a rough life. I'm sure she's chilling up in Heaven though, so I'm cool just being able to remember her.
This past weekend was the annual girls time in Chicago. My mom enjoyed her first time (not to Chicago, but on this particular trip). I spent $40 on chocolate for us, but overall, stayed well within my budget. The only downside to this trip was the COLD WEATHER. I completely forgot what it was like to be really cold. Taxis were taken all weekend, as even my weather savvy aunts could not handle it.
Work is starting to die down from the busyness that it was over the past week. Last Monday, one of the Academy (the boarding high school for girls) teachers called asking for some bibliographic instruction sessions (teaching library stuff) for four of her English classes. I spent two days preparing lesson plans for two U.S. Lit. classes, and two general literature classes. I did half of the classes last Wednesday. Thursday, there was ice on the roads. They canceled school (typical Georgia), but we had to come in for a few hours. I finally completed the other half of classes today. The scavenger hunts (for books) went over well... well, mainly because I gave them candy. I have a definite respect for Instruction Librarians though... with all of the potential technology failures and classroom reception... it's so stressful. I like my collection development bubble, but am glad to be getting the experience, and working with high schoolers again now that I don't teach color guard anymore (thank God).
This weekend, I'm boarding yet another plane... this time to Colorado. I'm excited to see Jon and Ft. Collins, which I haven't visited since I was 8. Far too many future plans are taking place between us... it's kind of scary, but in a good way.
Susan, my buddy from graduate school, is coming to town in April for the ARLIS/NA conference. I get to spend a day with her, so I am excited (plus a possible camping trip to Utah in August woo hoo).
Did you guys hear about Anna Nicole Smith? Very odd...
Oh and book updates (how could I forget). I am currently reading The Book Thief, which is VERY good. It's narrated by death and set during World War II, which is a perfectly dreary February book. Next up is The Illustrated Jane Eyre. I am a Jane Eyre virgin (I know, how did that happen), so I am very excited about beginning my classics promise to myself with this book. After Jane Eyre, I will FINALLY get to Eragon and Eldest (I even bought this limited edition)... I have to read some form of fantasy at least once a month.
Alright, that's all you're getting out of me for a while. Happy and hopefully healthy and safe Februarys.
No comments:
Post a Comment