-Mary from Party Girl, and the following post has nothing to do with my heading
This week is S-L-O-W. At work, the college kids are gone, almost everybody who is employed here is gone, and an 8 hour work day seems to drag on and on and on... I was even willing to shelve today, as I'm not able to do any acquisitions work until January 10th. 30 hours and counting (until next Tuesday) until Christmas Break. I look forward to it.
I've been looking back on the year:
January: wonderful, in a new/old relationship, happy with my friends in Indiana, got a second job at IU libraries because of my kick ass boss, and only taking two classes at IU for my last semester
February: nice beginning, great trip to Chicago, mid-month 180 degree turn-around watching friends meltdown, having yet another guy "cheat"
March: php fiasco (I will never be a programmer--I spent so long on that assignment!), rough spring break at home for the second year in a row, blow out with one of my best friends (luckily we worked through that), shutting everybody out and concentrating only on school, working out a misunderstanding with yet another friend
April: another crappy birthday, continuing shut-out, working constantly on and finishing my Wyoming web site, getting good grades, a confession made to me
May: a blur, lots of working at IU, packing to leave, hanging out with Jeff and Allison, got an A in both classes that I took
June: move from Indiana to Georgia, move from 716 to 1690, my first drum corps show in 2 years (it was BORING), job interviews, feeling like a complete mess still
July: visit to Grandparents', second interview for job that I would eventually get, things finally looking up, hanging out with friends again, Read Heartbreaking work of staggering genius
August- present: band camp (my last), started job, construction projects on new house, met with my not so wonderful past one evening, watching my brother get fired, get hired, get fired again, and finally get hired (luckily he's not in the car industry at this point), seeing my cool nephew, made a new close male friend, laughed way too much for my own good, got many cases of book anxiety (still have them thanks to my coworker Amanda), becoming close again with my parents, hanging out with Adrian a lot, Midieval times, going away parties, etc.
I was quick to think that this was a good year, but looking back, it had some rough times. Graduate school was definitely not the best experience of my life (and it never really had anything to do with school, which is funny), but I am more than happy that I got through it.
I'm pretty happy with life right now... I'm starting to get somewhat smarter about the decisions that I am making. I've realized that looks aren't always going to be what attracts me to a man (looks will fade, but personality, wit, good conversation, and intelligence last quite a bit longer...), that I CAN say no to my friends, especially if involves color guard jobs, and not have to feel bad about it, and that my parents are right half of the time (as opposed to my former stance of never). I also like making money and being able to spend it on people that I care about this Christmas. I'm totally anticipating the new year, which is currently looking fantastic.
1 comment:
Yay for book anxiety and library jobs!:0)
Post a Comment