shelve in the curriculum lab. I came out of there with 5 young adult novels to check out. In addition to the 9 I have already out on loan, and the 1 I have out from the public library, I am going to be reading forever. Why do I do this to myself?
I wonder why I like young adult fiction so much. I've come up with a few theories:
-I didn't really read in high school, so I'm making up for it now
-The literature has adult content, but is rarely so graphic that I can't handle it
-The fantasy literature isn't too "dungeons and dragons"-y (although I think there are a few out there)
-I feel that I am at the age where I can still relate to teenagers, but can look at them in an introspective way (basically I can laugh at how STUPID some of the characters are... hello Bella from Twilight, a book that I loved by the way)
Right now I am reading Fairest by Gail Carson Levine. It is set in Ella Enchanted's world, so I'm pretty psyched about reading it. My cousin, who is a bigger bookworm than I am, is obsessed with Ella Enchanted, to the point where she can recite the first chapter by heart. I'm going to be reading The Robber Bride by Margaret Atwood next (my first).
I always apologize for my venture into nerddom when talking about books, but after all, as a librarian dealing with collection development, it is my job to read what's out there... I'm even considering some science books from Discover Magazine's Top 25 science books.
No comments:
Post a Comment