Here is my list of favorite things from 2006:
Favorite Movies: Note that I am no movie snob. I like what I like. Also note that none of these movies were released in 2006, I just saw them for the first time in 2006.
-The new Pride and Prejudice. I realize that this version was nowhere near as good as the A&E one made in the mid-1990s. However, and call me shallow if you want, the characters in the most recent (and much shortened) version were, well, prettier. I liked it for pure aesthetic and cinematographic reasons. It made me long once again, to go to England, especially to see the national parks.
-Amadeus. Yes, I realize that this movie was released in the 1980s and I haven't seen it yet. I LOVED it, even the extremely annoying Mozart laugh. I could watch this movie again and again.
Favorite Books:
- A Heartbreaking work of staggering genius, by Dave Eggers. This was a fantastic memoir, hands down.
-Running with scissors, by Augusten Burroughs. Another (bit more graphic) memoir, but a good read.
-The Historian, by Elizabeth Kostova. I think this is my favorite of the year.
-The thirteenth tale, by Diane Setterfield. My second favorite... such a unique story.
-Twilight, by Stephenie Meyer. "Unputdownable" (even if I don't like the main character much).
I can't remember what I read early in the year (I don't think I did though because I was in grad school and all), so these I've all read since July or so.
Favorite TV:
-Gilmore girls. It's the only show that I will go out of my way to watch, although, it's not the same without the Palladinos writing. I'm actually hoping that this is the last season.
-Scrubs. I used to despise this show. Now that I've warmed up to Zach Braff, I find it very funny. J.D. and Turk remind me of male versions of Adrian and I.
-Sex and the city. I know, I am a girl, and now I own that damn pink monolith of a boxed set.
Favorite People:
-My parents. The most selfless people I know...
-My co-workers. They are super nice, and they have a sense of humor too (thank God). Plus, they read and stuff, like me.
-Christian Bale.
-My high school friends. It's funny how the people that I am closest to now are the ones I went to high school with (maybe it's because I live at home again???). I hated that place for years after I graduated, but I did meet some really good people in the 'ville.
Favorite Vacations
Oh wait, I didn't really go on vacation this year...
I'll update this more tomorrow... I'm trying to load this thing with updates before break when I will likely forget about this thing!
1 comment:
Christian Bale is awesome. Did you see The Prestige?
Post a Comment