I love the Peanuts. I'm in bed right now with my "puppy," who is laying on the bottom corner. He's not a puppy anymore (turned 14 this past Friday), but hanging out with my dog is true happiness. May you rest in peace Chuck Schulz.
I'm not sure if November has progressed in its former drab-ness yet. Last Tuesday I managed to leave my car lights on for a good 10 hours... so not only did I have to call AAA (happy that I have it), but I had to deal with all of this at night, in a town that I don't know (Gainesville), and in the pouring rain. I didn't even get to vote, although I'm not disappointed in the way things have turned out. The next day, after my friend's dad's funeral, I had to call AAA again, when a friend locked her keys out of the car. I'm happy to say that they are getting plenty of business. This all added to my general feeling of "sucking at life" (and I mean at ALL areas) that I have been harboring as of late.
But life goes on, and things could be sooo much worse, and I'm happy to say that after a weekend of accomplishing much and hanging out with good friends, that I feel better. I finally finished Marie Antoinette: a journey (took me 3 weeks!), which was really good, minus the graphic part about the parading of the Princesse de Lamballes' head and heart on separate pikes to the tower where the king and queen (the Capets by that time) were imprisoned. Definitely had some nightmares after that one...
I am now reading The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova, which is really cool. I get pretty scared reading it too though, as it is about Vlad the Impaler (this 15th century leader of Wallachia, which is near Transylvania), who basically scares the shit out of me from his history alone (who wouldn't be scared of a guy who liked to have his meals outside near the thousands of people he impaled). So I can only read this book during the day or when a bunch of people are at the house. Yes, I am a wimp, but I highly recommend the book, even though I'm only 100 odd pages into it.
I've been getting a lot of Christmas shopping done, so that I won't have much to do when December hits (also so I won't find myself too poor once Christmas finally rolls around). Other than that, I'm just looking forward to Thanksgiving break (starts next Wednesday!).
3 comments:
Yay! Thanksgiving break means more time to read. Except for all that pesky spending time with family. Just kidding!
Ooh. The Historian is fantastic. I was so disappointed when I reached the end. Some books go by way too fast.
I'm so glad you are enjoying The Historian. I'm bringing my BUST magazine with me on Monday. The fashion section is devoted to bookish styles.
Post a Comment