Saturday, November 04, 2006

When it Rains...

It sure does pour!

November has definitely not started on a good note.

Last night I got a call from Adrian about one of our best friend's dad. Basically he died suddenly and it's left us all a bit shocked. I can't even imagine what kind of pain the family is experiencing. I have known the man since I was 12. He took a lot of pride in this country as member of the military and was perhaps one of the smartest people I have ever met, with a wealth of knowledge of political science and history. It is my Christmas project to FINALLY read the only book he ever gave me, Sarum (British History). This is a sad sad event. He will be greatly missed.

My brother got another job, which was great. His old boss who originally moved him into a service writer position hired him. Well, upper management fired the boss, and then told my brother to work more hours with a MUCH lower salary. With a wife who doesn't work and a 2 year old, he had no choice but to quit. Why is this happening to him?

Bad things usually come in threes. I would say that the third bad thing, was possibly my friend Jon moving to Colorado, but it's actually a good thing because he's starting his professional career as a medical illustrator... I'm just selfish, and lacking in testosterone friendships at the moment. I'll just hope that nothing bad happens in the near future.

I hope all of your Novembers are off to a much better start!

1 comment:

Amanda Roper said...

I'm so sorry about your friends dad.

My november is rather sucky. I have a 103 temp and bronchitis AGAIN. I found out that when we turned our heat on it was blowing out insulation into the air.

(cough, hack, sneeze)