Well folks, the torture known as graduate school has FINALLY come to an end for me!
I wanted to show you guys the projects I have been working on for a while now.
I mentioned in an earlier (I'm to lazy to hyperlink) post how I have been working with the Wyoming State Library System on one of the 7 or 8 re-designs of the small public library web sites. The libraries were supposed to fill out surveys, but mine never got around to it. So I had to make up information in many areas. I was going for something very simple and with clear navigation.
Here is the FORMER site (I did not do this).
Here is my revision.
This project was super fun and I hope that they'll actually end up using it.
I also mentioned in the previous post about my social tagging project. It's not completely finished, but you can find it here.
I'm not the best web designer, but I like doing it and it's leaps and bounds beyond where I was when I entered this program. I love technology!
I still think social tagging is a mess, but it makes for an interesting study!
Susan gave me the idea of revamping my previous pathfinders from my reference and information in the humanities classes. I'm so excited to make these look better. Ella is my best friend (only SLIS people will understand this). I also need to request to continue to use some space after graduation, or else my potential employers will not see the work I have done. Also expect a new layout for this blog soon with added bonus features...something I've been wanting to do for a long time.
I'm so happy to be finished with school. I will be up here working until the end of May and concentrating on the job search, which is finally receiving some results, even while searching within a very specific geographic area. I have to FOCUS.
I'm super excited about being able to read for pleasure again, to be free from my past demons (boys/former bad stuff from Georgia), to be able to go out with friends, to be outside (it still needs to get a little bit warmer), and to have a giant weight of school lifted off of my shoulders.
More non-self-centered posts to come!
3 comments:
SLIS students keep their Ella accounts indefinitely as long as they keep the size of their files at a reasonable level.
Congratulations!
Off to real life now.
Welcome. Good luck, and congrats!
Post a Comment