Since everybody is talking about vanity googling or self-googlization, I must relate a recent discovery.
For some reason or another I was in Google Images, when I decided to search "Carolina Crown" (the corps in which I marched for a couple of years during the summer).
On the second page I see a picture of a guard member from 2003, so I had to investigate...turns out, it was me!
I didn't recognize myself because I looked quite different back then, in MANY respects (mainly, I don't wear metallic unitards on a daily basis...the show was about bells, so it was appropriate). I remember the show too...the astro turf was all soggy, so the flag was difficult to spin...and why do photographers always catch you in awkward moments...my hands were going towards the catch, and they look terrible. I am on the front 50 though, which is a good thing in the marching arts world.
The biggest reason that I don't do color guard anymore...being a perfectionist.
No comments:
Post a Comment