Wednesday, March 01, 2006

In like a lion...

I don't think I have ever been more eager for a month to be over than I have this February. My mother says that bad things seem to always happen to her in October. Well, February has gained quite the negative reputation in my mind. I've never been particularly fond of it...the weather sucks, my grandmother died during that month 13 years ago...and as I got older, Valentines Days usually sucked, because they always seem to coincide with the breaking of my romantic relationships, or when a guy decides to not speak to me. The past three years in paticular have been terrible. I wake up and something new would go wrong with each passing day.

This year's February was surprisingly pleasant until around the 10th or so, when things went awry. I'm not really willing to go into the details, but let's just say I've lost respect for a couple of people whom I had a lot of respect for in the past (this has been happening to me a lot lately...and I thought I was cautious to begin with). My computer is on the verge of a breakdown. I finally got a flash drive to back things up, so I can basically reload the computer, but I'm kind of scared that it is a hardware issue...which in that case, I am literally screwed...because I can't get a new computer (I'm saving up for a Mac) until I start a full-time job. I LIVE on my computer, especially since my classes are based around technology...no print resources this semester. Other sucky things have been happening as well, but they're not of any grand importance.

Normally, I let these things get to me, because quite frankly, they're frustrating. But honestly, are my problems really PROBLEMS? I mean, things suck...like school and the job search and crappy luck. But these are the things that in the whole scheme of life, don't really matter. I realize that I am in grad school limbo and that my life ACTUALLY starts in May...school is NOT real life (it's not, my parents still support me). I have to get through the limbo though and push myself, because I have to get to my goal of graduation, and moving on with my life. Bad things keep on happening while I'm here, but I'm not even close to giving up, especially this late in the game. I wish other people would realize how good their lives are too. They just have to sort through the crap on the surface.

More about the good things that occured in February later (all two of them). Welcome March. May you bring a new perspective.

1 comment:

Andrew said...

I'm sorry Feb sucks for you... but be careful on deciding that your life starts at some point in the future. Believe it or not, your life is happening right now, and while I'm sure May will be here before you know it, it doesn't make today any less valid.