Sunday, February 05, 2006

Windy City

It has been a while, but my weekend was super eventful, so I figure an update is in order.

On Friday, I drove through a torrential rain storm in western Indiana, on my way to Springfield, Illinois (yes, the capital of Illinois...which got me wondering, do you remember your state capitals???). Well, actually I drove to a village called Chatham, about 10 minutes from Springfield, to my aunt's house. I arrived at 8:30pm and promptly went to bed...4:30 (yes, am) wake-up time.

The rude awakening was well worth it because my aunt and I were able to take a train and arrive in Chicago by 10:15. We met my other aunt and cousin and promptly decided to take a cab (it was freezing and snowing, and my aunt was sick) to Michigan Ave. I won't bore you with all of the gory details, but the shopping was amazing (very few disappointments). This is the fourth year of the family tradition (my second), originally made to celebrate my cousin's birthday. We stay at the same hotel, eat at the same restaurants (oh and yes), and eat the same chocolate every visit. It is definitely one of my favorite times of the year (and that's saying something, because I LOATHE winter). Next year, my mom is getting in the action, and I can't wait to add another girl to the mix. I'm not a girly-girl (really), but I love this bonding weekend.

I have a bit of homework/projects to do for next week. I have a weekend visitor :) and some stuff planned with other people, so I am going to do my best to stay dilligent througout the week. I know inevitably I will be writing a paper this weekend though...slacker!

I'm still looking for jobs...it is difficult for sure.

No comments: