Wednesday, March 08, 2006

I can't think of a title

I am happy to report that I arrived safely in Georgia...it's the start of my spring break, but I have two assignments due Friday, so technically, the "fun" starts then. My drive was fairly uneventful, save the three times I was cut off by semi trucks. Semis make me feel like I need to take an anger management course. Or maybe they just give me an inferiority complex.

I arrived here in the middle of the afternoon. It was sunny and in the mid-60s. I immediately went to my flag to spin (this used to be an automatic reaction). I somehow remembered my 2003 opener from Crown. It was enough to safisfy my color guard needs for a while though, which tells me that moving on from the activity was a smart choice. I am enjoying the taste of spring...it's like instant happiness.

Kirby Puckett died this week. Sad day in baseball history. I don't follow the sport as much as I used to, but the name is stuck in my memory.

I finally saw the new Pride and Prejudice movie. I not too sure what kind of reviews it received, but I loved it. The cinematography was beautiful (as if I didn't love England enough already)...and I think it is one of the greatest love stories ever. I'm no sap, but Jane Austen was on the mark when she wrote this. What an incredible way to fall in love.

I have quite a bit on my agenda for the week...I'm just hoping to see everybody, and that everything goes well (this includes my adventures into PHP...the bane of my existence).

Some of the jobs that I applied for close this week as well. Waiting is no fun.

3 comments:

Andrew said...

Very sad day.

Glad you enjoyed P&P -- so did we. Samantha's probably going to buy it...

By the way, Rob is the Bain of your existence, not PHP. It may be the bane of your existence, though. ;)

TronG said...

Fixed...I was a bit tired writing this...I need to use spell check more often.

Brett said...

Let me know if you'll be stopping by the 'ville on the way back. Hope you're doing well.