So, I am officially done with this semester. I normally work on Friday mornings, but I worked extra on Monday, so I don't have to this Friday (and I got to ride the cherry picker to the top of the staks in ALF!). I also normally have class on Friday afternoon, but it was cancelled, and I turned in my final project today (nerves!), so it means I am REALLY done. What a great feeling, knowing that I am two classes away from a masters degree. I can't even explain how great this feels (I will need to remind myself during the job search next semester). Tomorrow night calls for a beer celebration with the girls at Lennie's (did I spell that right?). Anyways, it will be my first time, so I am très excited.
I would go home Friday, but a wonderful snow storm is due tomorrow, so I will wait until Saturday. It's been 4 months, and I've been getting homesick, so I shall be making the 8 hour drive come Saturday. I'll be home for 28 days or something like that. By that time, I'll be ready to be back here.
Yucky things have been happening lately...a lot of deaths. I'm not close to any of these people, but I wish those who are peace in their lives. What a terrible thing to have to deal with.
I haven't had to deal with any deaths recently, but one major personal battle took over my life for a good week or two. I sat down and thought about my near and far future, and evaluated my present. One major involvement in my present not only majorly conflicts with my near future, but also has nothing to do with my distant future. That combined with a bunch of other things helped me come to the conclusion that I had to let go of something I have loved more than any person (excluding my family of course). It's not a big deal, because I'm not important (which that never mattered to me), but I do feel like I am letting people down in time of greater need. I loved where I was and the people in my immediate surroundings, but the activity itself and some of the people (again, not in the immediate vicinity) have almost soured before me. I needed to leave everything where it was, to know that I had some good feelings toward it. I did just that. I will miss it, but I think it is the best decision I have made since I have been up here.
I'm happy to know that a poem a former role model once gave me still applies in my life. Part of it is as follows:
"...Believe in the incredible power
of the human mind.
Of doing somethng that makes a difference.
Of working hard.
Of laughing and hoping.
Of lazy afternoons.
Of lasting friendships.
Of all the things that will cross your path.
The start of something new
brings the hope of something great.
Anything is possible.
There is only one you.
And you will pass this way only once.
Do it right"
I'm glad I let go.
Anyways, no more retarded sappiness...It's Christmas time bitches!
Oh and before I go, I was "tagged" (but refuse to tag others...I hate that game) to "list ten thing that make you happy in no particular order"
1. MY DOG
2. Getting up early the day after Christmas and going to Perimeter Mall to go crazy at Crate and Barrel and Bloomingdales
3. Dialog! (and I don't mean conversation)
4. Being told I am beautiful by a man (and having them actually mean it, not a concept I am used to)
5. a bath
6. anything retro
7. nature
8. reading for pleasure
9. knowing I have friends who I've known since I was a kid
10. stars
No comments:
Post a Comment