So first off, congratulations to some SLIS friends on the marriage this past week. How exciting to see two people in love commit themselves. I get to attend a wedding for another SLIS friend in November, so "love is all around".
Now that I have succeeded in planting the Mary Tyler Moore theme song in my head, I shall switch subjects. The weather up here has been warm, so I can safely say that my last season of marching band has been awesome climate-wise. I think this weekend will be the turning point though and everything will go to crap. I like winter...I like snow...but it gets old really fast, especially post-Christmas. I always deem February my worse month, because bad stuff usually happens...but 2005 showed me that April, May, June, July, and August were far worse than February (although it was bad too). So I guess I shouldn't dread any month and take things as they come.
I have successfully made it two months without having to make a trip to Georgia. Two more and I will have doubled my record. I'm so proud of myself. I'm even staying after school ends in December to work.
I have some things to look forward to...I have a visitor for Thanksgiving (spent a hefty amount to come to Indiana!). I have been promised a leprechaun from John's trip to Ireland/Germany this week. My New Years is in the works. Winterguard starts soon (do I look forward to that?). Next semester I only have to take two classes. I graduate in May. Job hunting. Dog Buying.
School has been a female dog lately...but I'm doing well, so that is all that matters.
The above quote kind of reminded me of some things...I hold on to what I feel is failure in hopes of someday fixing it. Letting go does seem the better option. Why do I have to be a perfectionist?
Well I should go and finish dialog stuff...
No comments:
Post a Comment