Thursday, October 13, 2005

Be a first rate version of yourself, not a second rate version of someone else. -Judy Garland

So it's Thursday. I just got back from the Northview Party Room. I was so happy to be able to go this week...since I was so stressed with school the past few weeks. This week has been great...I had a lull from school (that will quickly pick up next week to the usual stress). I also did great on two separate assignments in school. Having the weekend with my parents was wonderful. The slacker-ness has continued on into the week...but I actually have had the time to be that way.

So I realize that I am pretty content up here. I like my program, I like Bloomington...seriously, so much prettier than the already beautiful UGA. I like my jobs...simply for the fact that I am working for great people. Seriously, this job at the library has helped me understand the inner workings of a large academic library. The Northview job has given me a chance to be around Michael and Katie for two extra years and meet such wonderful people as the Medworth's and Jon Vanderkolff, etc. I am finally doing something I want in school. I have good friends here. I keep in touch with my friends back home and elsewhere. I have as my friend and I have been discussing "immediate future plans".

It's funny because I realize that the "little things" not only make me extremely happy, but have been the cause for my demise in the past. I do tend to dwell, especially in things that I consider failures. Grades for instance...I freak out if I see anything below an A. I didn't do this in undergrad, so why now? Guys are another issue. I don't want to do the bad things to a guy that were done to me....it would be hypocritical. It's hard for me to think about anything with a guy as not serious. I don't think I will ever be capable of casual dating, but I have noticed myself flirting with people lately (even if they're far away). It's healthy for me to not be so realtionship-oriented. I smile a LOT more...makes waiting for "Mr. Right" so much better. So, the transformation of the association of the little things from bad to good has made a positive effect on my life. Now it's on to concentrating on hopeful visits from friends, other possible future encounters, and other things in which I am being awfuly vague...

But I should go and get stuff done. I can't believe marching band is almost over. Funny how winterguard will start the next week...so I'm not done with this color guard thing until April.

Take Judy Garland's advice and "carpe diem...seize the day boys...make your lives extraordinary".






1 comment:

Brett said...

ever so vague.