So true Oprah... :)
First off, I would like to thank Gilmore Girls for getting me through last week and the whole pathfinder fiasco. I think having all of the witticism in the background has ultimately made me smarter. Hey, we all have guilty pleasures.
The amount of work I have had this semester still amazes me. I think Wednesday night was the pinnacle of graduate school stress. Susan, Jackie, and I stayed after to finish a problem for an assignment due this comming week. We messed up slightly on a problem, and had to start all over again. We had to turn in another assignment, which my partner and I (notice the "and I" Susan) didn't fully complete (we left out a part of a question). The professor said he was going to stay until we finished the problem on which we were working. All I can remember were my eyes welling up with tears, but never actually crying. I thought my brain was going to explode. Susan even came over afterwards and looked over my cataloging assignment...I was thinking about the humanities/dialog/oclc for 13 straight hours. No kids, don't stay in school...it isn't the "fun" that college was. You don't have free weekends, unless you want to get behind, and it isn't the constant party...unless you're just damn lucky.
I think the bitterness is coming from the fact that I haven't felt any satisfaction with my classes yet. I like all of them...and I feel like I am learning stuff...each class seems to have a purpose...but each has its terrible quirk. I'll be over it in December, I promise. It's just hard watching myself go through it, as well as my friends. I was listening to my friend Jeff this morning talk about all of the stuff he has to do. I listened to mary snyder this morning and her theory on our info. in the humanities class. Susan just called me worried about our client search project. geez. I'll quit complaining. At least I'm not alone.
Despite the stress, life has been pleasant lately. My parents visited Friday and Saturday. I love my parents...I have never met people more selfless in my life. I hope to do the same for my kids someday. We shopped in Indianapolis yesterday and just hung out the rest of the time. I don't know what I would do in life if I didn't have a good family.
Gilmore Girls isn't the only thing that has gotten me through the week. I've been reacquainting myself with my past...past people to be exact. Friends have been getting me through who live as close as down the street, and as far away as the great white north, (and red and black south). It's been nice, especially since I lost one of my best friends a couple of months ago.
Okay, I'm back to the real world...can you believe it's already October?
2 comments:
Time just moves faster and faster... ask me why it does some time.
Hey kid... hang in there. I'm sorry Dialog is being such a bitch for you. Call if'n you want help. I might be a little rusty, but I've been through the class.
Post a Comment