Part of me wishes that I would have taken a class in summer I session, so I could go ahead and graduate in December. But the combination of no six month leases at my apartment and the level of work in my classes for fall semester makes me breathe a sigh of relief. It's just going to suck in spring...watching a lot of my friends get jobs because they have already graduated, while I am taking two classes and hopefully still working two jobs. I just feel sometimes, even in the middle of the craziness, that I am sitting around twiddling my thumbs waiting for something to happen.
I finally got in touch with my D.C. friend. She's okay, but terribly busy. She also decided to plant a little idea in my head that has been growing since last week. It's a big decision to make, but if everything goes well, what a great accomplishment it will be.
I like my classes. My boss is my cataloging partner, which is extremely conveinent. The humanities class is going to royally kick my butt with all of the work, but it is useful work...some stuff to put on resumes. I am also learning how to searh Dialog in online information and retrieval...so if you read rants in the next 5 or 6 weeks about it, you'll know why. I'm trying to not freak out about all of the work I have to do and all of the frustration ahead. I'm used to this, so it shouldn't be bad. One thing I can say about this year is that I am lacking any distrations. I'm not attached to anybody or thing or activity, so all of my focus can be concentrated on doing well here, graduating, and moving ON (hopefully away from the midwest).
I'm trying not to complain about things, because I have my life...it hasn't been ruined by mother nature. I can't even imagine. It's hard to have visited New Orleans for the Sugar Bowl in 2002. I loved that trip and have so many memories from it. It would be horrible if that memory was my everyday life. Anybody not affected by this has some serious issues.
Ob la di ob la da life goes on brahhh... la la how the life goes on...
No comments:
Post a Comment