Thursday, August 25, 2005

Everybody else has started school

Honestly...Indiana starts really late or something. But with no fall break and no labor day and three weeks of Christmas, I guess it makes sense. It's just weird though, because everybody else is into the swing of things by now, and I'm twiddling my thumbs waiting for stuff to happen.

I had a terrible interview for the library job, but somehow they offered me the position. I am psyched about it because it means experience to put on my resume. I will be working in collection development and with the subject area librarians, so I'll get to meet a lot of people and see a variety of jobs. The only thing I am scared about is taking three classes (it's like taking 5 in undergrad), and working 10 hours a week in the library and 3 days a week at Northview. I usually do better in school when I am busy though, so we'll see.

My first day back at Northview was Tuesday. I walked in and the girls all started "awww"ing and saying "we were wondering when you'd be back". It was such a sweet gesture from them...they're a hard group to break into. Michael and Katie are back which is great (the guard looks so much better than they did last year at this time because of them) and Jessica is a great dance tech. Rochelle is also on staff this year (she marched crown this summer and graduated from Northview last year), and she is such a sweet person. Tonight, her, Whitney (Bob and Ruth Ann's daughter who was on the hornline-also a very nice person) talked about crown, since I had no clue how the summer went. I'm glad they got to do it and had fun (and not to mention had each other).

Tomorrow I only have errands to do, which is nice. Saturday I have to be at Northview and then Chris and Kristina will come for dinner and to hang out...haven't seen them since June. Sunday, I'll get to see Jeff again (we need some serious pool time). Monday begins the craziness known as the last year of academic limbo. Get excited!

No comments: