Monday, August 22, 2005

Another one?

So, yes, I have created another blog...I still have the livejournal, but will not continue to write in it. It was definitely my least favorite of blogs, and like some people, I desire change in my life.
I spent a week in Atlanta after I completed my internship. I had the best time. I went to the city 4 times (honestly, I had lived there all my life and never went). Part of me wishes that I had gone to college in the city, but that would have completely obliterated my past. As much as I loathe the past two years, it's still a part of me. But I enjoyed every moment of seeing my best friend from fse 2000 at UGA, dinner with Greg at Everybodys, Ikea with Paige, Adrian, and Marvin, and the Park Tavern with Krista. I got glimpses of my upcoming adult life and while I know it sucks to be in the working world, I am so ready to be there. I have been ready to be an adult since I got to college. I am so lucky though to have my friends...the ones who stuck around.
The career path is finally set...I am still dabbling into corporate librarianship, because I like business, I just don't want to work in a cubicle. Academia seems exciting too, so I guess I'll shoot for the stars.
I got back into Bloomington tonight. It's 12:30am and my apartment is still a mess. But I had to finish my internship written report and I went to dinner with Susan, so everything will have to wait until tomorrow. I go back to Northview tomorrow for my last fall season of ever doing color guard. I have a job interview sometime this week for a job in the main library. I need money so badly, especially for some of the stuff I have coming for me second semester.
My goal for this year in to put my past behind me, which entails so much. Obviously, I don't want everything gone but letting go of what you're comfortable with is the best solution to so many problems.

2 comments:

Andrew said...

Hey Traci - Hooray for fresh starts. I know little about your troubles, but I hope this year treats you better than last.

Rachel said...

Change is always a good thing.

I'm leaving a comment so you don't think I'm a creep who's stalking you! It was great to see you last week. If it helps, I've always seen you as an adult.

Have a good night!