Sunday, October 11, 2009

Fall Madness

So, I can't believe it's been over a month since I last blogged! A couple of weeks back, I tried to chronicle our awesome trip to the pumpkin patch, etc. but I didn't end up publishing it for some reason.

I had a wonderful 4 day weekend planned, but of course things got in the way. I ended up working more than I wanted to (which was not at all) but it does mean less work during the week. We're pretty jammed packed schedule-wise until our big trip overseas next month, so blogging will be sparse.

I will, however, chronicle some of our fall madness over the past few weeks. I should mention that there is 2 inches of snow on the ground as we speak, so it feels more like Christmas right now than October.

A couple of weeks ago J and I went to a pumpkin patch in Ault, Colorado. The dogs had a blast (even if Quincey got a bad reaction to something and we had to rush him home to give him medicine) and we walked away with 15 pumpkins for $17. Jon and I love different varieties of pumpkins, so we were satisfied. I immediately ran home, pureed one of the white pumpkins and made a lovely pumpkin chiffon pie. It may not have been orange, but it is one of the best tasting pies I have ever made. And yes, that is homemade cinnamon whipped cream... yum!


Jon and I decorated the front of the house with the rest of the lot. We decorated the window boxes with gourds and winter squashes and the doorstep and porch with pumpkins. We don't have a picture of the entire front yet because we're waiting to carve some pumpkins closer to Halloween. We do, however, have a picture of some of the pumpkins... one is particularly fluffy (trust me, he looks like a rat when wet)!

So it's been a busy fall so far at our house! More later with some home improvements!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

very precious

Mary said...

That is a great picture of the dogs and pumpkins. I hope you scrapbook!