Sunday, March 22, 2009

Giving In...

I can't resist another challenge.  Carl hosts the best challenges, but I was reluctant to join since I wasn't able to complete the R.I.P challenge last fall (marriage got in the way.)  Now that I'm a bit more settled in Colorado, I think I can complete it.  I participated in the Once Upon a Time II challenge last year and I'm looking forward to Once Upon a Time III this year!  Plus, Carl has given us "the journey" option, which only commits us to one book to complete the challenge. By all means, I will do my best to complete more, but I can guarantee commitment to one book for sure.  So below is my list of potential reads.  I can't wait and thanks again Carl!

1.  Howl's Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones
2.  The Ladies of Grace Adieu by Susanna Clarke (I completed Jonathan Strange for last year's challenge)
3.  Midsummer Night's Dream by Shakespeare
4.  Something by Tamora Pierce
5.  Brisingr by Christopher Paolini (I've read the first two, so I should read the third)
6.  Penelopiad by Margaret Atwood
7.  The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman

Off to read...

5 comments:

DesLily said...

Carl's challenge is just too good to pass up! lol..

Carl V. Anderson said...

I supposed marriage is a good excuse to get in the way of reading. ;) Congrats on your recent marriage and thanks for deciding to join us in this spring challenge. I think you'll enjoy it. And finishing isn't really the point. It is more about soaking in the atmosphere.

I suspect you'll adore Ladies of Grace Adieu. At least I hope you will, I loved it and turned around not soon after finishing and read it aloud to my wife.

Graveyard Book is a delight as well.

Kathy W said...

Great choice of books. I decided to join this one also. Look forward to reading your thoughts on Neil Gaimans book "The Graveyard Book".

Anonymous said...

I agree with DesLily - Carl always has the best challenges! Happy reading!

TronG said...

Thanks everybody! I am loving Howl's Moving Castle and look forward to the other reads as well! Best of luck with your reads as well...