Friday, March 20, 2009

Classics Challenge 2009

Well, I almost didn't see Trish's Classics Challenge 2009 post until too late.  I'm planning on reading classics all year, so I'm definitely in.  I hope to complete the "entree" section (5 classics) but will do my best to read as much as possible.  Here's the reading list in which I plan on using for the challenge.  

1.  Brideshead Revisited by Evelyn Waugh (I will only use this if I don't complete the book by the end of March)
2.  Howard's End by E. M. Forster
3.  Villette by Charlotte Bronte
4.  The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas
5.  Vanity Fair by William M. Thackeray
6.  Middlemarch by George Eliot
7.  A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens
8.  The Rainbow by D. H. Lawrence
9.  Animal Farm by George Orwell
10.  Madame Bovary by Gustav Flaubert
11.  The Mysteries of Udolpho by Ann Radcliffe
12.  Nana by Emile Zola
13.  To the North by Elizabeth Bowen
14.  Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde by Robert Louis Stevenson

This list is by no means all-inclusive.  These are simply books I own and haven't gotten around to reading just yet.  I'm looking forward to the challenge and thanks for hosting this again, Trish!

1 comment:

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

Ahhh--never too late to sign up. :) You've got a great list with so many choices! I'll be reading Middlemarch for the challenge as well. Thanks for signing up--enjoy!!