Thursday, February 05, 2009

Impressed

A graphic designer from my parent's hometown has come up with this.  I am so impressed. Taking pride in your home town is such a rare thing these days.  This web site makes me super nostalgic for Quincy.  I feel more ties there than I do to my native Lilburn, Georgia. Looking at the pictures of very unique landmarks reminds me of riding around the town with my dad, grandfathers, etc. and listening to their stories.   The landmarks were also one of the major reasons I wanted to get married there.

The site also features one of the saddest, but most intriguing stories of the town.  I remember first learning about the story as a kid while walking in the graveyard near my grandparents' former house (they are now buried in the same graveyard.)  It has haunted me since.  I even made a point of researching it further when I interned at the university library a few years back.

I'm so impressed that young people are taking pride in their towns.  I hope to see more of this elsewhere in the future.


1 comment:

Qtown Travis said...

Thanks for the kind words about the Qtown site. I appreciate the link!

Travis Hoffman