Rules: Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you.
1. I miss my old dog, C. J., daily. I know my parents feel the same way as me, only probably more. I really love my dogs now and anticipate growing into the same sort of relationship with them, but I miss sharing sleep time with C. J. and his crotchety moods. He was a good dog.
2. I am currently experiencing a professional crisis of sorts. I will leave it at that.
3. Baking is my true passion. I love baking anything from bread to cakes to pies. While it's not the best thing for a slim waist line, I do feel better about eating my own sandwich bread each week instead of the cardboard one purchases at the store.
4. For completely renouncing high school after I graduated, I still maintain friendships with people from high school and have also married somebody I met in high school. I'm not the type to attend any sort of reunion though, so don't expect me to come busting through the doors next year.
5. I'm going to copy Camille on this one and say that I too did not get the WOW experience from college. I think it was definitely my fault though, for never being myself. And I never made the right choices... okay, I was never sloppy drunk, but I made decisions based on what I thought I should be rather than who I actually was at the time. Ahhh introspection.
6. While I keep up with absolutely nobody, I still look back on drum corps as a wonderful experience. Could I do it today? No. Well, I physically couldn't do it today either. It was a great "push yourself to the limits" type of experience though.
7. I am a librarian, but I despise most librarian puns and stereotypes. It's not that I'm trying to defend the profession, because I don't really care that people think that I sit around and read books all day, but the cutesy factor with comic strips, youtube streams, etc. that are sent around among librarians and the library community is just lost on me.
8. 2007 was a wonderful travel-packed year. I remember that summer in particular fondly as the first time I fell in love and saw many beautiful Western states.
9. I tend to prefer short, long-bodied dogs. I love my dachshunds and I also think corgis would be an excellent breed to own.
10. While my brother and I are generally polar opposites, we both struggle with showing our emotions to the general public. He has gotten better since he has had a kid, and I hope the same will happen for me one day.
11. Since I have moved to Colorado, many opinions and views I previously held have completely reversed.
12. I will never identify with a political party. Every time I try, I get angry with said party and feel the need to reverse my views. I always feel the need to retreat when one party has a strong presence.
13. I have never had naturally long nails in my life. I just can't do it.
14. I struggle with change way more than I thought I did. I will never consider myself mature, and my lack of adaptation is one of those reasons.
15. I have lived in three states: Georgia, Indiana, and Colorado. I have only been a resident of Georgia and Colorado though.
16. One of my greatest enemies is my mind. I am a, now proven from taking a strengths test, thinker. I have great ideas, but they take time. I also run way too many scenarios in my head. Some of these scenarios are not logical and make bad situations much much worse. My mind has been in overdrive lately.
17. I think I would like to live in the Northwest someday (Washington or Oregon.)
18. I would like to have at least one child before the age of 30.
19. I believe in fate because I feel like it brought my husband and I together. Jon and I were living in completely different states (the grad school years) and we just happened to graduate at the same time and also just happened to move back to Georgia after grad school. After re-meeting him, it blew me away how much we had in common and how perfect we were for each other (okay this occurred about 5 months after we met again.) Had we not gone to some high school homecoming together back years and years ago, we might not have made any sort of reconnection.
20. I can not eat in many of the chain restaurants I used to frequent as a teenager. Most make me sick because everything is so processed and over seasoned. I can still eat fast food though. Weird.
21. My favorite soap scent is English Lavender.
22. I look awful in a cap sleeve shirt.
23. If I had to live in another country it would definitely be somewhere in the UK. I'm such an anglophile.
24. My favorite thing about Jon is his laugh.
25. I'm working on being proactive and taking charge of my life.
Second...
Here are the rules:
1. Grab the nearest book.
2. Open to page 56.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the text of the next 2 to 5 sentences, along with these rules.
5. Don't dig for your favorite book, the cool book, or the intellectual book. Pick the CLOSEST!
6. Tag five other people to do the same!
1. Grab the nearest book.
2. Open to page 56.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the text of the next 2 to 5 sentences, along with these rules.
5. Don't dig for your favorite book, the cool book, or the intellectual book. Pick the CLOSEST!
6. Tag five other people to do the same!
"About 10 minutes before the end of the kneading cycle, check the dough and adjust its consistency as necessary with additional flour or water; the finished dough should be soft and supple, not sticky."
From The King Arthur Flour Baker's Companion
3 comments:
I have a weird thing about the lowriders, too, and we want our next dog to be a corgi! I'll get one first and then find a breeder for you guys again...hahaha.
I had the same experience with college that you and Camille did. Until I did Alternative Spring Break, I wouldn't say I had any memorable moments from college. Oh well.
And Jon's laugh is pretty awesome. Especially when you really get him going and he gets all giggly. Ah...good times.
Oh, and I'm sure you look fine in a cap sleeve shirt :)
Yeah... I like the Ashley finds a dog first prototype myself. I'm damning Kendra for getting a blasted English Cream because I feel like I'll be getting another case of puppy fever a couple years down the road! I'm swooning...
Wow. . . so much to say. That was very very very deep, Traci. I love how you were open and allowed us to dig deep into you! Nice read!
Post a Comment