
Author: Charles Dickens
Date Originally Published: 1843
Read in: November 2008
I have loved this story since I was a kid. My first encounter was Mickey's Christmas Carol that we recorded from TV and I am kind of embarrassed to admit that I still imagine the D!sney characters in place of Victorian figures. My elementary school performed the play and I remember singing songs with the school's chorus and danced in the "hoedown" scene for our production. Fortunately, one person reading this blog will remember this production as well.
Sadly, this is my first encounter with the actual story, but I loved it just the same. Thankfully, my previous encounters stayed true to the actual work. The story details a grumpy old miser who is extremely adverse to charity and merriment in general. On Christmas Eve, he is visited by the ghost of a dead business partner, as well as ghosts of Christmas past, present, and future who help him reverse his miserly ways. I won't say anything more because most people know the story and if they don't, I sure don't want to ruin it for them!
I loved this book. It was a quick and easy read, and I plan on reading it during the holidays for years to come!
1 comment:
I just finished listening to the book for the classics challenge and had the same problem of picturing Mickey and Goofy. :)
Loved the story!
Post a Comment