Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Mission 101--July 2008

Remember my 101 goals??? Well, this all started for me on the 18th, so here is my in-progress update for the end of July.

Completed:

36. Watch the original Star Wars trilogy. Absolutely LOVED it! I am intrigued by the prequels, but have not heard good things...

38. Go to at least one festival (food, Renaissance, etc.) My parents and I attended Frontier Days in Cheyenne, Wyoming and had a blast! We did not see the rodeo though...

43. Do not commute to any job more than 30 minutes, unless our financial independence relies on it. School would be an exception. My new job's commute will be somewhere between 25 and 30 minutes... cutting it close!

72. Have at least a part time job by October, whether it be as a librarian or something else.

In progress:

2. Pick up some form of sewing or knitting and have one project completed. This will likely be "in progress" for a while, but I learned how to crochet! I have a pattern as well. It's a pound puppy, remember those??? But I need to get the basics down before I move on to a complicated pattern, so it's going to be a while.

10. Continue to pay bills in full and on time.

11. Continue to stay credit card debt free (neither Jon nor I have ever been in cc debt) and continue to only use cards for what we can afford.

17. Stay insured for health and dental even if unemployed. I may have a new job, but there will be a gap in my insurance, so I got some individual insurance to cover that period of time.

25. Get used to high altitude baking. NOT EASY!

56. Never leave dishes unwashed.

84. Read 100 classic novels that I have not previously read. I'm currently on number 1. I need to get to reading!


Thinking about it:

61. Dog-proof the house. This needs to happen, and soon!

66. Make a set and realistic house cleaning schedule and stick to it.

No comments: