Monday, January 07, 2008

Starving for Updates

This blog is in dire need of an update. I have not been throwing any bones lately, so I'll do my best and update with lists. Maybe if I do a few list-y posts, (I can always muster up some initiation to complete a list) I'll be able to form a normal update again by say, February.

So here goes a list of current thoughts:

-I'm getting the baking bug again, but my work schedule is getting in the way. My mother and I both ordered this fancy cake decorating contraption though so I might have to force my way into the kitchen sooner rather than later. Anybody need a cake?

-Wow, the '08 election is going to be very interesting. Since I'm not impressed with certain candidates on either side of the political spectrum, my hope is that one person I like and one person I despise will be on the final ballot so I can actually choose a candidate.

-January is hard core wedding planning month. I tried on a wedding dress for the first time earlier this week (it was a size 2, so I naturally couldn't fit into it) and Jon, my parents and I are headed to Illinois MLK weekend to meet with the vendors we picked to hash out details, and pick out a cake (the most important part.)

-My heart goes out to Meredith Emerson and her family. It really pisses me off that women can't feel safe anywhere anymore. We should be worrying about bears and mountain lions (well maybe not in Georgia) in nature (and even they rarely pose a threat) not shady men. As a dog lover, I feel really awful for all of the things that the poor lab witnessed.

-Taking pre-cana classes has given me a good opportunity to research Catholicism. I'm learning more about my religion now than I did in the years of CDD I took. I'm also learning that you are much happier with things when you take what you want from them (and let go the stuff in which you don't agree.)

That's it for now... more to come, maybe even some themed lists!

No comments: