Wednesday, September 05, 2007

The Woman in White Snowy Range

September has come alas! It may be 90 degrees outside, (and they're turning off the air conditioner at work... yipee) but I get the slightest hint of fall's arrival in the early morning and dusk. It could not come any more quickly.

I got back yesterday from a brief trip to Colorado. I had such a good time with Jon. Other than a beautiful trip to the snowy range, (destination: Lake Marie) we basically hung out, watched the progression of his house being built, took walks after a home made dinner, etc. It was nice.




Even the plane rides to and fro were very entertaining. I've finally settled into my The Woman in White to begin the R.I.P Challenge. Oh how I love this story so far! Sir Percival is currently being introduced, so I have a feeling that I'm about to witness some good ol' fashioned evil. I have to thank my friend Amanda for reintroducing me to the classics. They are honestly better when I can read them at my own pace and not be forced to identify every incidence of ambiguity, foreshadowing, and allusion. My Amazon wishlist is currently heavy with classics, and I intend to read every one of them at some point. More on The Woman in White when I finish!

I'm lucky that I have things to currently make me happy. I have friends going through some yucky personal and professional stuff, ill family members, etc. that I have been praying for/thinking about for weeks now. It's always something, and all I can do is hope that everybody gets through things in one piece.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

As always, great Blog TraySee. I can't believe they are turning off the air conditioner! What Nazi's

Unknown said...

Drug store.com rules!!!!!

Amanda Roper said...

Hooray for Wilkie!!! (and tron)