I've decided to participate in my first reading challenge. I'm somewhat scared to do this because while I read habitually, I'm not exactly up to the standards of my friends with their English degrees. After all, this is NOT a book blog, nor do I plan on starting one because I would just appear to be an idiot! The theme of this challenge though, is particularly alluring, so if I was ever going to get the nerves too participate, now is the time.
This is the second year for Readers Imbibing Peril, R.I.P. for short, which will take place from September 1st through October 31st. There are many different options for this challenge, but I'm going to opt for the "vanilla" peril and read 4 books of any length. Each book should be creepy, scary, eerie, Gothic, you name it... basically, perfect Fall reading.
The following are the 4 that I plan to read (in no particular order):
-Dracula, by Bram Stoker
-The Fall of the House of Usher and other Writings, by Edgar Allan Poe (I'm actually going to read something other than a novel for once)
-The Woman in White, by Wilkie Collins
-Blood and Chocolate, by Annette Curtis Klaus
I'm really happy that he included the YA genre in the challenge, because it comprises the majority of my reading piles. Excepting some Poe short stories, I picked books that I have never read before (Yes, I've never read Dracula nor The Woman in White).
If I have time, I might add in a couple more like:
-Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen
-The Thirteenth Tale (a reread, but I like it still) by Diane Setterfield
Sadly, my current books are paling in comparison to my September and October TBR pile.
Join if you like to read!
This is the second year for Readers Imbibing Peril, R.I.P. for short, which will take place from September 1st through October 31st. There are many different options for this challenge, but I'm going to opt for the "vanilla" peril and read 4 books of any length. Each book should be creepy, scary, eerie, Gothic, you name it... basically, perfect Fall reading.
The following are the 4 that I plan to read (in no particular order):
-Dracula, by Bram Stoker
-The Fall of the House of Usher and other Writings, by Edgar Allan Poe (I'm actually going to read something other than a novel for once)
-The Woman in White, by Wilkie Collins
-Blood and Chocolate, by Annette Curtis Klaus
I'm really happy that he included the YA genre in the challenge, because it comprises the majority of my reading piles. Excepting some Poe short stories, I picked books that I have never read before (Yes, I've never read Dracula nor The Woman in White).
If I have time, I might add in a couple more like:
-Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen
-The Thirteenth Tale (a reread, but I like it still) by Diane Setterfield
Sadly, my current books are paling in comparison to my September and October TBR pile.
Join if you like to read!
9 comments:
AWESOME! I can't wait until our Dracula reading!
Welcome to the challenge! This is my first time participating in the R.I.P. challenge and I can't wait. I hope you enjoy this challenge. Maybe then you'll join more.
Glad you decided to join the challenge! I haven't read Dracula (or Frankenstein), so don't feel bad. I'll also be attempting Blood and Chocolate and I'm wishing very much that I had a copy of The Woman in White in my stacks. :)
Glad to see you're in! You'll have so much fun with this challenge. Carl's a great host! I'm reading Dracula and The Thirteenth Tale too and I'm really starting to think that I should've added Blood and Chocolate too my list too with everyone who's reading it!
Warning about challenges: They become addicting! I started just one little challenge in April and now I can't stop, lol...they're fun. I'm the same as you...I love to read, but am not a book blog. But I sure am starting to look like one!
Welcome to the challenge! Great list. Hope you enjoy Dracula, it is an excellent read.
The Thirteenth Tale is a great book, isn't it? :)
I think I'm going to have to add Blood and Chocolate to my "to read" list...Curse these challenges! ;)
Poe is one of my favourite writers. I need to get a collected set of his works.
Ooh, I love Dracula, Northanger Abbey and the Thirteenth Tale. :) I hope you enjoy them (even if it is a reread of The Thirteenth Tale - sometimes rereads can be even better than the first time going through!)
don't worry about looking like an idiot.. I have that one covered!! Nice to know I may have company though! lol..
it seems most of my newer books have shifted to the YA books also!
I've read a number of your YA books! Cool !.. I see you read Inkspell... I hope you read Inkheart ?? GREAT BOOKS!
Post a Comment