Thursday, August 23, 2007

BEHOLD!

As our rare books cataloger was cataloging a book tonight, he called me into his office to decipher some weird handwriting and a picture on the back of the cover. Turns out, this 1930s copy of The Shape of Things to Come was not only signed by H. G. Wells himself on the title page, but the book was also owned by a lady named Hazel Lavery who was an Anglo-Irish artist and second wife of Irish painter Sir John Lavrey. I emailed Amanda right away about this and her response was as follows:

"bookgasm*bookgasm*bookgasm*bookgasm*"

My thoughts exactly.

I'm not a nerd... or AM I???

3 comments:

chrisa511 said...

bookgasm is right!! That's incredible! :D

Samantha said...

You are, but in the best sense of the word. Hadn't heard the term 'bookgasm' before, but yeah, I'd say that about sums it up...

Amanda Roper said...

great... now I have to change my panties... darn these bookgasms.... :0)