Thursday, April 19, 2007

Preface...

Sometimes, there just aren't words that you can say to make any situation better. Monday's events were handled enough by the media, and the grief of anybody associated with that campus was well recorded. At the risk of seeming repetitive, let me express my profound sorrow for the family and friends of the victims, and especially for the professors who sacrificed themselves for the sake of their students.

I have purposely chosen (after following the story closely for the past few days) to no longer dwell on the CNN.com stories. After viewing the video sent to NBC, I realized that the media is giving this shooter exactly what he wanted. After taking over 30 lives on a college campus (a general place that is dear to my heart for obvious reasons), he doesn't deserve to get what he wants.

I have more opinions, worries, and concerns, but will not express them here. I'll write something a bit more positive tonight.