That's right folks... I'm ready to blog again. The party can now start.
Ha, anyways.
I have quite a summer ahead of me. As of right now, it seems that I will be visiting 7 national parks (I've only visited one of them before)! I will also be traveling to three new-for-me states (Arizona, New Mexico, and Nevada), which will means that I will have only 4 more states (Alaska, Hawaii, North Dakota, Idaho) to visit before I've seen them all. I will also be visiting the cultural landmark known as Vegas (and don't forget the Hoover Dam), when I attend Jon's best friend's wedding in July. Basically, I can't wait to get started with all of this traveling!
I've read some fun stuff lately. I finished all that has been published thus far by Paolini. Although I could kind of predict the end of the second book, I was really happy with the ending of Eldest and thought that his writing definitely matured (well obviously, since he was in his 20s when he wrote Eldest). I then read Sylvia Plath's The Bell Jar (yes for the first time). While I can't exactly relate to the book, I did enjoy reading it. My mother is convinced that everything I read is really depressing and she definitely places that stereotype on Plath. While it does discuss a suicide attempt with autobiographical elements, she does a good job of rationalizing her feelings and actions to the reader. She also adds a little humor in the book every once in a while. Anyways, I enjoyed it. I'm now reading another teeny novel called Tithe by Holly Black. I love fairy stuff, so it's a good read, although, not the best thing written ever that's for sure. I can see how teens would be drawn to it though. Next up is American Born Chinese, the most recent Printz Award winner.
In other news, my boyfriend bought a house! How crazy is that? I know a lot of people younger than me are doing these kind of things these days, but I honestly still feel like a 12 year old and sometimes forget that I'm at that age where people buy houses. I was with him in Colorado the other week when he signed the contract. He didn't even flinch. I am so proud of him! He's a bit stressed out about the planing and finding the best lender and such, but I think he'll come through just fine.
Not much else to update. I've been working weird days/times and will continue to do so until after graduation Mother's Day weekend, when my schedule will change for the summer.
Ha, anyways.
I have quite a summer ahead of me. As of right now, it seems that I will be visiting 7 national parks (I've only visited one of them before)! I will also be traveling to three new-for-me states (Arizona, New Mexico, and Nevada), which will means that I will have only 4 more states (Alaska, Hawaii, North Dakota, Idaho) to visit before I've seen them all. I will also be visiting the cultural landmark known as Vegas (and don't forget the Hoover Dam), when I attend Jon's best friend's wedding in July. Basically, I can't wait to get started with all of this traveling!
I've read some fun stuff lately. I finished all that has been published thus far by Paolini. Although I could kind of predict the end of the second book, I was really happy with the ending of Eldest and thought that his writing definitely matured (well obviously, since he was in his 20s when he wrote Eldest). I then read Sylvia Plath's The Bell Jar (yes for the first time). While I can't exactly relate to the book, I did enjoy reading it. My mother is convinced that everything I read is really depressing and she definitely places that stereotype on Plath. While it does discuss a suicide attempt with autobiographical elements, she does a good job of rationalizing her feelings and actions to the reader. She also adds a little humor in the book every once in a while. Anyways, I enjoyed it. I'm now reading another teeny novel called Tithe by Holly Black. I love fairy stuff, so it's a good read, although, not the best thing written ever that's for sure. I can see how teens would be drawn to it though. Next up is American Born Chinese, the most recent Printz Award winner.
In other news, my boyfriend bought a house! How crazy is that? I know a lot of people younger than me are doing these kind of things these days, but I honestly still feel like a 12 year old and sometimes forget that I'm at that age where people buy houses. I was with him in Colorado the other week when he signed the contract. He didn't even flinch. I am so proud of him! He's a bit stressed out about the planing and finding the best lender and such, but I think he'll come through just fine.
Not much else to update. I've been working weird days/times and will continue to do so until after graduation Mother's Day weekend, when my schedule will change for the summer.
3 comments:
You'll quickly find the "housebuying" phenom of your friends will be replaced with the filling of said house with the pitter-patter of little feet...(or at least animal feet..)or at least thus far that's been my experience. (Not that I'm suggesting this with you and Jon, but just in general terms...we're at that stage of life...who decided we were at "that stage" didn't notify me ahead of time, and I certainly wasn't ready when it came about, but I'm resigned to it now. ;) So Congrats to Jon another step into adulthood.o I'll see you soon!!!
I was going to leave you a comment but then I started smelling my pizza in the oven. Then I started thinking about cheesy goodness -- mozzerella and feta -- smothering artichokes and black olives. So now I can't remember what I was going to say.
(munch munch)
Hey, you'll be not too far from us. Want to stop by?
Your trip sounds like tons of fun -- I'm jealous. But we'll have our own travels this summer as well.
Post a Comment