Sunday, January 07, 2007

WHY am I here???

Well, I'm in the blogosphere for a reason...

Anyways, I'm working on a Sunday. It kind of worked out well. It's one of the girl's, who typically works weekends, birthday today and the third person who used to work weekends no longer works here, and I need to make up for a day that I need off in early February (yay Chicago)... so it worked out. Very few people are here and I am advancing nicely on my prep work for the serials evaluation study that I will complete in March. I'm going to break some hearts with all of that information!

I'm actually okay with having such a flip-flop schedule at this time in my life. I have a "set" work schedule but it rarely works out that way with school holidays, times that I need to fill in for other workers, vice versa, etc. My commitments are minimal... travel dates are about it. I don't have a pet (well I do, but it's technically my parent's), my friends are usually working or available when I am, Jon lives about 1,800 miles away from me, etc. If there was ever a time to have a weird schedule, (besides college and graduate school) this is it and I'm glad to help people out when I can.

ANYWAYS, I don't really have much to update. I'm currently trying to finish up Inkspell (there really will be a third one of these... uggh) on work meal breaks, and reading Margaret Atwood's The Robber Bride. I had problems understanding her writing at first, but I am enjoying it now (I'm about 150 pages into it). The characters are all have really different personalities, but some of the same emotions. She also only gives out crucial information bits at a time, which is good because it makes me want to read more to figure it all out. I also acquired a lot of classics over the break and have decided to read them in between library-loaned current books of my liking. I think I will like the classics more this time around because a. I'm not reading them for school b. I'm not reading them in French and c. I'm older, and therefore, should be able to understand them a bit better (well, maybe). I'm pretty excited for my 2007 "read" list to start accumulating.

Well, that's about it. Besides some way-too-far-away-to-discuss-here travel plans for summer 2008, I've been pretty boring. Maybe I'll update later today with a fun quiz or something. For now, I'm back to the wonderful world of print serials.

No comments: