So one really cool (and potentially dangerous) thing that sticks out about my job is the fact that I am on amazon around 90% of my work day. It's awesome because I see all of these books, but it's also scary when I realize just how much I haven't read.
I'm a big fan of all things Alice in Wonderland. Next month the guy who created There's Something About Mary is coming out with a book entitled The Looking Glass Wars. I'm pretty excited to see if it turns out well, especially since he's spent 3 years researching Lewis Carroll and such. I still don't know how I feel about Wicked (I also love The Wonderful Wizard of Oz), so I don't know how I'm going to like the new book. Meg Rosoff, an amazing author, has also come out with a new book which I have to read. I am also anticipating Libba Bray's third novel in the Great and Terrible Beauty trilogy (okay, it's not even coming out any time soon, just wishful thinking on my part). Is it obvious that I like young adult fiction?
In addition to having big eyes for books, my favorite clothing store has recently come out with their fall line. I LOVE J. Crew fall lines... it is, in my opinion, their signature season. I had to wipe the drool off of half the pages because the clothes and shoes were so beautiful. My eyes are definitely bigger than my budget.
In less materialistic news...
College football season starts this weekend!
My only non-SLIS friends in Indiana just found out that their new bundle of joy will be a girl... and a future color guard diva.
My nephew was awarded a one year modeling contract last week... interesting.
That's about it... everybody enjoy your Labor Day weekends!
No comments:
Post a Comment