Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Where Everybody's Somebody

After years of longing (right), I am now officially living in Snellville city limits (not the outer limits of Lilburn)..."where everybody's somebody" (although I think the motto has changed in recent years).

This past week has been emotionally draining. I apologize for any e-mails left unanswered and phone calls not returned.

The new house is a mess right now, but has a lot of potential (my mom is making many changes). I bet my parents are honestly glad to have me around since there was so much stuff to move.

Parting with the old house wasn't bad. My brother took it the worst of us all...his tolerance for change being much less than the rest of us. My dog also didn't take it well...to the point of where we thought he was dying last night. I've never seen his eyes glazed over like that, nor the complete unresponsiveness to food before. I became a complete mess over the thought of losing him. I worried so much that I made myself sick multiple times during the middle of the night last night. Today was much better though and I think he still has some time with us. Needless to say, I am going to be a wreck when he leaves us.

The room I will be staying in is basically the size of my apartment in Indiana, which is great (if only I had a kitchen).

So what's weird about this place? To be as nice as possible, we are living in a neighborhood of around 60-70% old people. There are two children in the neighborhood, nobody my age, and around 20% my parents age. I go outside to walk the dog and I know I am being watched by 20 pairs of eyes. At least it's quiet!

Life is alright...slowly gaining my social life back. I'm going to a drum corps show on Friday, which I am excited about and have a dinner party to go to on Saturday.

Anyways, more later.

2 comments:

Andrew said...

Good to hear from you. How's the job search going?

RHB said...

Hope all is well....