I am probably one of the few people who actually like going to the dentist (the doctor is a different story). I'm no beauty otherwise, but they always seem to marvel at my teeth...they are white, have perfect accretion (guessing on this spelling), and are straight. It's nice to have people remark on something that nature/genetics did well for you (although, I have had my fair share of cavities). I have been wanting to fix my gap for ages, and on my last visit, the dentist suggested that I get them bonded. So i finally took the plunge and went through the painless process on Monday. I now have two front teeth without a gap (I might post a picture later). The dentist took before/after pictures, and everybody in the office wanted a look. So while the transition may go unnoticed for the rest of the world, I have no reason to hide my smile any longer. :)
I've been home for a week now. I'm very relaxed and have seen a couple of friends, so it's been nice. I went to Athens yesterday and had a lot of fun with Lauren. I am constantly reminded how much I don't like it there every time I visit though. Not that Gwinnett is wonderful, it's just that very few people remain there who I actually respect/like. Most of the good people have left. I do realize though that things get better with time, and one day I will be able to look at Athens with kind eyes and good memories (because it was fun while I was there) and overlook the crap that is going on now (because it really doesn't matter). Same thing goes for drum corps, winterguard, etc. For now though, it's career concentration time.
A lot of job postings have come through this week...I really need to get started with the application process again, because applying to four places isn't enough. Some of these jobs are a bit far fetched for me, but I am going to apply anyways, because opportunities arise from the least likely places.
My mom and I have done a considerable amount of mother-daughter bonding in the last week. Growing out of that teenage phase has been so nice. We still fight every once in a while, but it's been nice to be able to comfortably talk about things that have been happening in my life, my worries, wishes, etc.
Oh, and I really didn't expect this to be my personality. The muppet DOES live in the back seat of my car though...
| You Are Animal |
![]() A complete lunatic, you're operating on 100% animal instincts. You thrive on uncontrolled energy, and you're downright scary. But you sure can beat a good drum. "Kill! Kill!" |

No comments:
Post a Comment