I amaze myself every Wednesday. I mean, it could be worse. But class, then work, then class (12 hour day)...on twoish hours of sleep isn't great. I always get great anxiety for presentations. If I have notes, I am perfectly fine. There was only one incident last year where I sucked when giving a presentation where I wasn't allowed to use notes. I was fine today, but I still dreamt about it and had to wake up constantly to assure myself that I was prepared. Things went well for presenting my database, minus the forgetting to search in OneSearch, but it proved to be the crack addict that all federated search engines are anyways, so it didn't matter. I can't promise that it was A material, but I am happy to be done.
This past week and a half has been interesting. One great thing to have come out of my absence from blogging has been hanging out with new friends. Too bad the majority of them are graduating in December...but oh well, if I can't become an adult, at least I can admire people who are taking the plunge. I have actually been "out" two weekends in a row, which is quite surprising. This weekend, Susan, Mary, Kate, and I might all go see Andrew sing, which would be really cool. I'm really going to miss this place come May when I have to leave.
I'm still amazed that I haven't driven home to Georgia yet. Even though the best friends and I keep in touch almost regularly (especially Adrian), I haven't felt the need to be there. It has been ultimately nice to start over. I don't have to dwell on color guard or drum corps, or how people have changed (or is it me?) and how I view them in a complete opposite light than I did as little as six months ago, or even have to wonder what it would be like somewhere else. I do regret missing out on seeing my nephew grow up (yay digital cameras), and not being there to deal with illness of a close one.
My level of "slacker-ness" has reached new heights. I have finished the majority of work, minus final projects and such. Lokman cancelled our Dialog midterm...and angel sent from Heaven that man is. So now I can relax a bit and try to concentrate on things. I also set my work schedule at the library for next semester to coincide with my class days.
I really didn't mean to write about the fundamental fuddy-duddy stuff about my life. I do want to discuss my notion of "home" at some point, which was where I was originally attempting to aim. I have given up all hopes of this being some intellectual opinionated blog, so deal with my stupidity!
1 comment:
I definitely hope you guys can come! If you want tickets, I've got 'em.
Post a Comment