Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Filling the empty place...

Every time I drive back up to Indiana my demeanor sort of sinks. Part of my heart is still in Georgia. It's not Georgia itself, but I pine for something I once had, but no longer experience. Some sort of unconditional love...a cuddle buddy...a friend...a fighter. I miss my damn dog. I have always been, and always will be a dog person. I got to see my dog a lot in college, since I lived only an hour away from home. My longest period away from him were the two summers I marched corps. My senior year I taught at my high school, so I was able to see him multiple times each week. Now it's been 3 months and I miss him. He just turned 13 and has always been "crotchety"...he bit Lauren, him and Adrian have always been enemies, every boy that comes into the house is under his close watch. But I love him, and miss him greatly. A dog would not have been the smartest choice for me in grad school...especially since I drive a lot and go periods of time away from the apartment. But I have made the decision to buy a dog as soon as I move to my new place, wherever I will live, after graduation. I think I am ready for the responsibility, and it will fill the gap that has been missing in my heart ever since I moved up here.

So on to some normal stuff. I spent a lot of time in the bathroom today...praying that I didn't die in a horrific tornado. Two major tornado warnings and scary sirens. Why don't I know where my apartment's storm shelters are located? Of course I am on the third floor too, so the only option was the bathroom. It would suck to have my last life vision to be a flying toilet.

Yesterday was really weird on far too many levels which I will not discuss. I went to Northview and ended up running rehearsal by myself. I haven't run a dance class in two years. I definitely enjoy the technician existence. The kids were at least in semi-good spirits last night.

School has been fine...only 9 classes left...3 major projects, none of which I have started :).

Who is excited for Harry Potter?!?! I have to wait a freaking week and day after it is released because I told Philip I would see it with him. The Lion, Witch and the Wardrobe comes out December 9th (I am equally excited). I can't believe I haven't seen a movie in the theater since summer 2004. Yes, I have problems.

Something to leave you with...a quote by Honoré de Balzac :
"If she had been happy she would have been enchanting; for happiness makes women's poetry, and style and fashion are just the powder on their skins"
This is saved for a later dissertaion dealing with men :).



No comments: