Monday, November 21, 2005

A Dream Worthy of Posting...

I was happy to find out that I don't have to go to Northview this week...I thought I had to go tonight, but Jon V. and Jim are in town, so I didn't! I decided to supplement some of my time with a nap...I dream a lot, and most of them I remember. This one is too weird to not share.

At some point toward the end of the dream, I turned into Harry Potter (I've been re-reading the books and obsessing over the movie). Hermione, Ron, and all of the Order, Deatheaters, and professors were around (I guess you have to know the books to really follow me). For some reason we were having a baseball tournament. By baseball, I simply mean a pitcher and a batter. No outfield or first, second, third base...basically just hitting the ball (which was a blue tennis ball, by the way).

So I am Harry Potter and it's raining and dark outside, and I am set to bat with Voldemort as the pitcher. Why he has been invited to this, I have no clue. Mad-Eye Moody and Hermione come up separately to give me bats (which are wusthoff, sankoutu knives-my knife of choice...in cooking). I am Harry, and stubbborn, thinking that I can take on Voldemort with my wand...I don't need a knife to do the work. Voldemort finally shows up, but he isn't the snake-like messed up non humanish existence, he's my FAVORITE tech from Crown 2002 (nobody from crown 2002 reads this, so more confusion...), Andria, who is a girl. I adored her, so why she is Voldemort, I have no clue. She is accompanied by some trendy high school girl wearning knee socks and talking on a cell phone (Peter Pettrigrew???).

So I am batting with a knife...she throws the ball and I catch it in the inside of my elbow and somehow hurl it out to make it look like I hit it. I scream to my audience, who is the Order, to save me, and I get no response. Andria goes crazy and lunges after me. I am confused because my audience is frozen about 20 feet away from me. I manage to pin down Andria/Voldemort...her eyes start bulging and she's blaming the frozen audience and his lack of power on me, because that's where all of it has been transfered. By that time I am being strangled and I freak out and wake up.

Interpret THAT dream!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Hermione...in 10 years...

Andrew said...

That sound strange and awesome. (Also, you forgot shortstop in your mention of baseball positions.)