Thursday, October 27, 2005

Everybody likes to go their own way--to choose their own time and manner of devotion. -Jane Austen

My father woke me up this morning (I get to sleep in on Thursdays). I thought something was terribly wrong, but he just called to ask me if I wanted to go travelling right before christmas. So right now, if everything goes well, I'll be in San Francisco for a few days before Christmas...I love that place and haven't been there in 3 years, so I am excited. Arizona is plan B (which I would be psyched about, since I haven't been there). I am continually amazed with the generosity of my parents, even if the plane tickets are free.

So I'm sitting on my couch all excited, when something crawls on me. It's fairly big, but I'm still sleepy and can't see well. I brush it off and it runs under the coffee table like lightning. Perfect. I HATE bugs. I come into the room a few minutes later and lo and behold...it's one of the cricket/grasshopper/alien hybrids that have been scaring the crap out of me from my mailbox. Killing that bastard was nasty...so big. Did I mention how much I hate bugs? I am taking applications for a husband...if you're not comfortable killing bugs, you will be automatically eliminated.

I have absolultely LOVED this week. I kind of miss marching band, but my sanity has been salvaged simply because I haven't had to go to rehearsal. I am also *gasp* going out to the bars this Saturday night...and I will be dressed up in costume (after a pumpkin carving lasagna party). Don't worry, I will take pictures.

Kristina stopped by today. I have been terrible at keeping up with friends lately. My main lines of communication have been devoted to a few individuals. I still talk to Lauren and Krista some, but everybody else outside of Bloomington has suffered tremendously. Heck, I talk to Susan's boyfriend more than I do some of my closest friends from home...and he lives in freaking Chicago.

I have a new obsession with Target. Susan hasn't been helping me much lately because we keep forgetting stuff. But I am not allowed to visit that wonderful store for the next three weeks. Bad Traci.

I'm ready to graduate. I want a job. I want to have a stable future.

But I am enjoying my life :)

Oh yeah, what the hell is a fall break?

No comments: