
-George Santayana
Let's see if I can post a picture on this thing...my connection with the lines of power
It's starting to get cool up here. One thing I like about living up north (yes, this is the north to me) is the four seasons. Fall here is beautiful. It rains a lot, which I hate, but on a sunny day with all of the colors, this place is amazingly beautiful...not quite as beautiful as spring here, but close enough. Fall is my favorite season for sure...the colors, the smells, football games, marching band, fall clothes...proof that there is beauty in dying. Winter is going to suck though.
I updated on Friday, which is far too recent. I actually haven't seen much of my apartment in the past week. Friday was honestly the surprise of the century for me. The day kind of sucked because I was working on assignments and such, but the evening/night was wonderful. SLIS had a beautiful reception at the Woodburn House. Large events like that make me pretty weary, but it ended up being really nice. Everybody was dressed up, many conversations were had, new classes were created, careers were discussed, alcohol was free. Afterwards (probably as a result of the free bar), around 30 people or so decided to go to the vid, some bar and hang out. Everybody was happy and playing pool...I got to see Kristina and Chris (what fate!)...I got to see half of my program drunk (myself included)...I got to see one of my professors playing pool...overall, so much better than class. I have a new-found respect for half of these people, mainly because everybody let loose some. It was also proven to me this weekend that I am not invisible to men up here which is nice to know...
Yesterday I spent 12 hours at Northview, well a few were in Indianapolis for a competition...basically the next 5 weeks or so will be filled with contests. The announcer forgot to call my name out as staff, and Bob actually noticed it, which was impressive. Katie Townsend's subsequent arguement against Michael's name being called off first was incredibly funny...yeah women's rights.
I'm taking some big steps this week...well one. I am going to send in my first job application tomorrow, thus beginning 8 months of job-finding hell. Another one of those hellish "learning experience"s. I can sum up my entire grad school stay as a "learning experience". I guess it's how we become wise as we get older.
No comments:
Post a Comment